(1) Inspection of appearance design
The industrial model is not only visible, but also touchable. It can directly reflect the designer's creativity in the form of physical objects, avoiding the drawback of "good-looking drawings but not good-looking ones". Therefore, the production of industrial model is essential in the process of new product development and product shape evaluation.
(2) Inspection of structural design
Because the industrial model can be assembled, it can directly reflect whether the structure is reasonable or not, and the difficulty of installation. It is convenient to find and solve problems as early as possible.
(3) Avoid the risk of directly opening the mold
Due to the high cost of mold manufacturing, the relatively large mold is worth hundreds of thousands or even millions. If unreasonable structure or other problems are found in the process of opening the mold, the loss can be imagined. The industrial model making can avoid this kind of loss and reduce the risk of mold opening.
(4) Make the product come to the market much earlier
Because of the advanced production of industrial models, you can use industrial models to publicize products before the development of molds, and even make preparations for sales and production in the early stage, so as to occupy the market as soon as possible.
The industrial model can be divided into plastic industrial model and metal industrial model according to the materials used for production:
(1) Plastic: its raw materials are plastic, such as ABS, PC, PP, PE, PA, POM, PVC, acrylic, etc., which are mainly used for the shell of some products, such as display, telephone, household appliances, electronic products, vehicles, etc.
(2) Metal: its raw material is copper iron aluminum alloy and other metal materials, mainly used in products with beautiful strength and vitality, such as notebook computers, mobile phones, MP3 players, CD players and other iconic products.
After treatment: plating, spraying, drawing, polishing, sandblasting, color printing, screen printing, pad printing and other surface treatment.
Today's industrial models are not so simple as handboards. They have been transformed from digital products, home medical products and auto parts into large-scale mechanical models and engineering models. It is even larger than the scale of building model, and the process difficulty coefficient is further improved. The classification is as follows:
Nuclear power plant model, thermal power plant, garbage power plant, wind power plant series model
(1) Overall model and unit model of thermal power plant
(2) Turbine model
(3) Boiler and boiler room model
(4) Power plant system demonstration board model
(5) Power and auxiliary equipment model of power plant
(6) Nuclear power plant, reactor and its components
(7) New energy forms
(8) Clean energy project model.